In our Yahoo! seminar on Tuesday, we discussed following the individual search engine guidelines.
Here is a link to Yahoo! search quality guidelinesÂ that include:
- Original and unique content of genuine value
- Pages designed primarily for humans, with search engine considerations secondary
- Hyperlinks intended to help people find interesting, related content, when applicable
- Metadata (including title and description) that accurately describes the contents of a web page
- Good web design in general
The guidelines also describe what not to do with a section on unwanted content.